- Please tell us your story, what keeps you busy? what got you to where you are today? and what are the most important things you’ve learnt along the way?
My name is Anca-Monica and I’m originally from a picturesque village in the heart of Transylvania, Romania. I came to London to study art, and I’m currently spending all my time training as a contortionist, raising awareness about sustainability and animal rights issues, painting, and working on a secret project. The most important thing I’ve learnt is perseverance. No matter how difficult the road might seem, “Never let reality intrude upon your dreams” is the quote I live by.
Anca wears the Soho jacket in seashell
- In what ways are you committed to making the world a better place? What are your ways of giving back to the planet?
I use my online platforms to raise awareness about animal rights and sustainability issues. I want to be a role model for younger generations and inspire them to become vegan and care about the future of our planet. I only shop secondhand or from sustainable and vegan companies that are conscious of the environment.
- What do you love most about your culthread piece?
I have two culthread jackets, a leopard winter coat which I absolutely adore because it keeps me really warm, and a lightweight jacket which is super rainproof! While I was trekking in the Dolomites Mountains we got caught up in a really bad storm and me and my friends got soaked. I was the only one who had a dry T-shirt at the end!
- What are the things in your life that set your soul on fire? What sparks your passion?
Everytime I work on a new project it’s like having a baby and watching it grow. In life you achieve as much as you work so seeing projects I’m working on taking shape and becoming successful is what really motivates me.
- What advice would you give to a young woman who wants to explore the same career path you’ve taken?
Anything is possible when you believe in yourself!