- Please tell us your story, what keeps you busy? what got you to where you are today? and what are the most important things you’ve learnt along the way?
I started up my website after suffering from suffer allergic reactions on my face and wanting to find out how to stop them. It sparked an interest in beauty, and skincare as well as attention to fabrics and composition. Now I work with a team of contributors and my sister keeping the site up to date with product recommendations/ interviews with brand founders and much more for sensitive skin.
I thought I always wanted to be a designer but actually after studying at university I quickly realized I really didn’t enjoy understanding about garment construction. Instead, I actually got a job before I left university working in online for Burberry and I’ve worked in online ever since.
The most important things I’ve learnt along the way are that you really never know where life will take you, and sometimes it’s a good thing to be able to change your plans and goals and adapt.
Carolina wears the Artesian jacket
- In what ways are you committed to making the world a better place? What are your ways of giving back to the planet?
The bathroom is also a place over the years where I have tried to become more zero waste from using reusable cloths and cotton rounds to using a moon cup.
- What do you love most about your culthread piece?
I love how cosy and warm it is, I never usually want it to get colder, but I can’t wait to wear it on a really cold day. Its sustainability credentials and the fact that its also vegan… which is incredibly tough to do when trying to create a warm coat is incredible too!
- What are the things in your life that set your soul on fire? What sparks your passion?
- What advice would you give to a young woman who wants to explore the same career path you’ve taken?