All culthreads are handmade in our own atelier in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
We currently employ 26 talented seamstresses who hand-make our products in HCM City, Vietnam. Most items are sewn from start to finish by one person, who takes a lot of pride in the outcome! We can operate like this at culthread because we make very small quantities per style.
The director of the facility is Jessy, who has been running things for us for the last two years – before that she was employed by Hugo Boss. We have our own pattern makers, fabric cutters and product developers working alongside specialised tailors who make individual culthread products by hand. Many pieces are made entirely by a single craftsperson. Our team is currently training to use CLO technology, a 3D CAD application, in order to reduce our footprint during the product development stage.
All of our talented tailors are fairly paid - on average 3 times the minimum wage - and receive the following in addition to salary: 17.5% social insurance, 3% health insurance, 1% as unemployment insurance, 24/7 accident insurance and regular health check-ups.
1. Government measures implemented
- taking the temperature of all staff and visitors on entry to the atelier
- all staff and visitors to wear face masks
- all visitors to use hand sanitizing gel before any contact with staff
- social distancing between staff members and for any visitors
2. Our own extra measures implemented
- frequent reminders to wash hands thoroughly and use hand gel
- hand gel posts near doors and by the entrance
- all doorknobs and banisters disinfected every 2 hours
- we now use disinfectant floor cleaning products
- disinfectant spray for the entire atelier every 6 weeks